Today Nokia launched a new smartphone, the Nokia 500. It is an entry level touch screen smartphone that refuses to compromise on quality or performance. Incorporating Nokia’s fastest processor to date, a 5MP camera, a great music and entertainment experience and preloaded with Maps and turn by turn navigation, the Nokia 500 extends Nokia’s portfolio into the entry-level smartphone market without sacrificing quality. As the newest addition to Nokia’s range of Symbian-based devices, the Nokia 500 is built on the latest Symbian Anna user experience with enhanced software features, a faster Web browser and new Ovi Maps.
It’s got a 640 x 360 pixels 3.2-inch capacitive touch display. The phone measures 111.3 x 53.8 x 14.1mm and weighs in at 93g – lighter than any other Symbian^3 phone to date.
The battery will see you through 5-7 hours talk time, 450+ hours in standby mode or up to 35 hours of music playback
There’s 2GB of storage memory, plus the possibility of increasing this by a further 32GB using the micro-SD card slot.
The Nokia 500 will be available in black and white varieties, black first and then white before the end of the year. And there’s three different-coloured back covers in the box. More colours for these will become available soon – including purple, azure blue, pink, coral red, orange and dark silver.
Nokia 500 will cost just €150 before taxes and subsidies, and will be available from the third quarter of this year.
Hands on video
Source: Nokia Conversations
Nokia today announced two new Symbian devices, the Nokia E6 and the Nokia X7. With the new smartphones, Nokia also introduced its latest software update, known as Symbian Anna.
Nokia X7 is first 4-inch entertainment smartphone. Made from toughened glass and seamless stainless steel, it offers a unique and durable design that will stand out from the crowd. Offering all the benefits of the latest Symbian operating system, Symbian Anna, it’s a fast and fluid experience from browsing the web to scrolling through your music collection,
This device is purpose-built for entertainment and that includes the media you create yourself
As you would expect, the Nokia X7 comes with free walk-and-drive navigation through the latest Ovi Maps. There’s messaging through Nokia Email and you can connect to Facebook, Twitter and RenRen (in China) using Nokia Social
- Dimensions: Size 119.7 x 62.8 x 11.9 mm, Weight (with battery): 146 g, Volume: 85 cc
- 4-inch, capacitive AMOLED Gorilla glass display, resolution of 640 x 360 pixels with 16 million colours
- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, Full focus, dual-LED flash. Support 720p video recording
- Symbian Anna OS with 680 MHz ARM 11 processor, Broadcom BCM2727 GPU & 256 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- 350MB built-in memory. microSD Card slot up to 32GB, 8GB included
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi support
- 3.5mm audio connector
- 1200mAH battery is rated for up to 450 hours standby and 4.5 hours talktime on a 3G network
- Comes with free walk-and-drive navigation through the latest Ovi Maps
- Comes with Galaxy on Fire HD and Asphalt 5 HD preinstalled
The Nokia X7 will be available in Q2 2011 and, before taxes and operator subsidies, it will cost €380.
Nokia E6, a compact QWERTY and touch device aimed at business and general users who need to get things done while they’re on the move. Busy emailers rejoice – there’s now a new Symbian business device that you can operate single-handed.
The QWERTY and touch experience on the Nokia E6 offers faster navigation and operation than either a pure touch or keyboard-only system. While experienced users can get much faster text-entry from a QWERTY keyboard than they ever will from a touch display, being able to launch apps and choose options through the touch screen is often quicker than navigating through options with the thumbpad. It’s the best of both worlds for busy emailers and status-updaters.
- Dimensions: Size 115.5 x 59 x 10.5 mm, Weight (with battery): 133 g, Volume: 66 cc
- 2.46-inch, capacitive TFT LCD display, resolution of 640 x 480 pixels with 16 million colours
- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, Full Focus, dual-LED flash. Support 720p video recording
- Symbian Anna OS with 256 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- microSD Card slot up to 32GB, Internal memory: 8 GB
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi support
- 3.5mm audio connector
- 1500 mAhmAH battery rated for up to a month on standby and 7h30m talk-time over 3G
- Comes with free push email and IM
- Comes with free walk-and-drive navigation through the latest Ovi Maps
- Bundled software includes QuickOffice, World Traveler, JoikuSpot Premium and F-Secure Mobile Security
- USB On-The-Go and AV-out for connecting to a television or headphones
Like other Symbian phones, the Nokia E6 comes with free global walk and drive navigation through the latest Ovi Maps. It also comes with free push email and IM, providing you have a data plan. The latest Symbian operating system now comes with five home screens, an improved browser and redesigned interface (Symbian Anna). Bundled software includes QuickOffice, World Traveler, JoikuSpot Premium and F-Secure Mobile Security. More apps can be downloaded and installed through Ovi Store.
For the many existing Nokia E71 and E72 users, the Nokia E6 is the upgrade they’ve been waiting for. They now get a much higher resolution screen (four times the pixels), the latest Symbian operating system, Symbian Anna, improved support for Mail for Exchange, Microsoft Communicator Mobile, SharePoint and Office documents. There’s much more memory, much better connectivity and an 8-megapixel camera. There’s also support for USB On-The-Go and AV-out for connecting to a television or headphones.
The Nokia E6 is expected to ship in Q2 2011 – before taxes and subsidies it will cost €340. North American availability is expected in Q3.
Here is a video of Symbian Anna on Nokia X7 :
Via: Nokia Conversations
Nokia’s recently released Ovi Store allows users of Nokia devices to browse through a selection of content, including wallpapers, ringtones and most importantly, S60 applications. With a little help from the Nokia N97, it is possible to not only browse the Ovi Store but to also download and install applications without a hitch – all from the Samsung i8910.
Nokia Ovi Store is now made available to Sony Ericsson Satio and Samsung i8910 both running on Symbian OS. This hacked Nokia Ovi Store is now available courtesy HyperX.
Mobiola Web Camera 3 v3.0.19 latest version for Symbian 60 version 3 and version 5 mobiles download.Now using Mobiola Web Camera 3turn your Symbian 60 phone into a high-quality PC webcam. This application is not free but worth buying, and it costs low than buying a PCwebcam.
- Uses phone as a web camera
- Works as a web camera driver on PC
- Works through WiFi , Bluetooth or USB.
- Video Effects.
- Works with Skype, Yahoo, YouTube, MSN, AOL IM, ICQ and many others.
- Compatible with Windows Vista/XP/2003/2000
Nokia: Nokia 5230, Nokia 5233, Nokia 5235, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, Nokia 5800 Navigation, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia 5800i, Nokia C6, Nokia N97, Nokia N97 Mini, Nokia X6
Samsung: Samsung GT-i8910
Sony Ericsson: Sony Ericsson Satio, Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro, Sony Ericsson Vivaz
How to Use Mobiola Webcam for S60v5 mobiles:
The latest video is from Gameloft’s official video add for fifth edition of its highly successful car racing game Asphalt demoed on a Nokia N8. In actuality, from a hardware design perspective, Nokia N8 is somewhat usual as it’s using a conventional ARM11 processors based design, the same one that Nokia uses in other 5th edition devices such as Nokia 5800 XM as well as Nokia N97.
Processor is clocked at what appears to be a fairly slow 680 MHz which doesn’t sound appealing to so called power users, enthusiast or even somewhat tech savvy consumers, although it should be fast enough for general use and will handles most common tasks well enough.
In this graph shows the usage og mobile OS in worldwide -
Here are some point of this graph :
- When looking at mobile web usage, the different parts of the world are led by either iOS or Symbian. Apple’s iOS leads mobile web usage in North America, Europe and Oceania, while Nokia’s Symbian leads in Africa, Asia and South America.
- Worldwide, Symbian leads the pack. This is not surprising considering Nokia is the world’s largest maker of mobile phones. After Symbian comes iOS, Blackberry, Android, Sony Ericsson and Samsung, in that order.
- Symbian’s weakest position by far is in North America.
- Blackberry’s strongest region is North America, but it is still behind iOS there.
- Android might be growing fast, but it’s still far from dominating any part of the world.
Here is the new cool theme ‘Xmas’. This theme is designed by Babi Nokia.
This theme feaatures -
- Cool icons and nice background.
- SVG Theme
- Available for Symbian Os 3rd edition, Symbian^1 and Symbian^3.
- Lite version with default icons only.
- Fits both portrait and landscape modes.
- Available for FREE.
For Symbian^3 Version
For 3rd edition & Symbian^1 Version
Here are the images showing 12 Megapixel prototype from Nokia. However this could very well be even a mock-up or a Chinese clone or even an older prototype.
The phone does not seem to follow Nokia’s recent designing trend but instead combines a bit of Nokia N96 and N86 8MP styling. The materials used are a combination of both hard plastic and steel.
The screen looks like it isn’t a touchscreen and it looks at least 3.0″ or more. Also the resolution seems to be more than the ordinary Nokia phones. The Operating System UI also feels different again raising the question of a mock-up or clone but it doesn’t seem to have the cheap feel. Could be a non-touch version of Symbian^3.
The phone is seen housing a 12 Megapixel camera unit and a Xenon flash. Also beneath the camera unit is a very large and weird battery cover slider. Apart from that we can also see the volume up/down rocker and camera shutter key on the right side. And on the left side we can see the microUSB port, 2 speakers and a microSD card slot.
The phone is available for purchase at an online auction and the seller claims it to be fully functional and that he found it in a bar.
From Fonearena, via Smartphone Area
This firmware is created by Gautam Behal’s with the help from LogonAniket bringing the Symbian^3 visuals to the 5800 in all possible ways, like the N8 Homeceen Widget support, Icons, Fonts and much more. Check it out!
Custom Firmware Changelog:
KEY MODIFICATIONS :
- Includes all Modifications Of Basic
- CPU has been extremely Optimized
- FPS is also increased
- Kinetic Scrolling Modded by Me
- All lags removed from the CFW
- 5800 Default Audio Codec added
- CPU will always be clocked for MAX performance
- Battery backup has also been taken into consideration
APPLICATIONS ADDED to Z :
- Share Online
- Auto Installer 1.0.2
- Message Reader
APPLICATIONS ADDED to AI :
- Ramblow 1.30
- Xplore 1.51 Icons Modded by PaxITIS
- Timer Touch Lite 1.1
- SmartPhoneWare Best ScreenSnap 3.0
- Nokia Custom Dictionary
- Opera mini 5.1 Beta symbian native ( sis file )
- Font Router 1.06
- Bright Light
- Kill Me 1.36
- Maze Clock 1.0 Beta
- Nokia Maps 3.06 Beta
- Network Switcher
- My Keylock 1.19
- Nimbuzz 3.0
- BT SWitch
- Accel Switch
- Rompatcher 2.3
WIDGETS ADDED to AI :
- Facebook 1.00(8318)
- Nokia Notifications 1.05
- Nokia Battery Monitor Widget 1.0
- IMDB 1.0
- Accu Weather
THEMES ADDED :
- Nokia Theme Orange v4 by LA
- Nokia Theme Black by LA
- Nokia Theme White by LA
- Nokia Theme Dark (T) ( Updated version 4 ) by LA
PERSONALISATION MODS :
- Vivid Green by Larsson Theme is removed
- Discord 2 Theme Effects by KCube
- Transformed^1 Ultimate Splashscreen and Shutdown Screen by LA
- Menu Layout arrangement by Me
- N8 fonts
- N8 Icons added
- Lock screen and keyboard replaced by Restart Phone by CODeRUS
- Camera sound is removed
LIGHT MODS :
- Automatic Keyguard Time set to 30 seconds
- In 10 seconds, light will dim
- In 20 seconds, light will switch off
- In 30 seconds, phone will get locked
- Delete one of the Keylock apps from thinkchange before running Auto Installer
- Delete the unwanted app from thinkchange folder before running Auto Installer
[Via- LoveMyNokia, SymbianTweet; Source - GBFirmwares ]
Nokia has unveiled a world exclusive trailer of the new Tron: Legacy movie featuring new Nokia N8. Check it out…
Around the 00:50 mark, you’ll see the Nokia N8 acting as the access key which unlocks the Tron Universe in the movie. Check out the Trailer below:
TRON: LEGACY (featuring Nokia N8) is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), a rebellious 27-year-old, is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his father Kevin Flynn (Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winner Jeff Bridges), a man once known as the world’s leading video-game developer. When Sam investigates a strange signal sent from the old Flynn’s Arcade—a signal that could only come from his father—he finds himself pulled into a digital world where Kevin has been trapped for 20 years. With the help of the fearless warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-or-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe—a universe created by Kevin himself that has become far more advanced with never-before-imagined vehicles, weapons, landscapes and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to prevent their escape. Presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and scored by Grammy Award®-winning electronic music duo Daft Punk.
TRON: LEGACY hits theaters on Dec. 17, 2010 in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D
Via: Nokia NSeries