Today Nokia has announced the promised Symbian Anna software update is now ready and available for downloads. Symbian Anna brings a fresh new look and feel to the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia E7 with crisp icons and multiple usability enhancements. The update includes new icons, a portrait QWERTY keyboard, faster web browsing and better maps. Symbian Anna can be downloaded using the latest version of Ovi Suite on a PC, or over-the-air directly to your smartphone.
Improved text input
- There’s a portrait QWERTY keyboard for fast, single-handed typing.
- There’s also a split-screen view while you’re typing, so you can see the web pages, forms and message threads you’re replying to.
- The browser is easier to use and faster, and offers better compliance with recent standards.
- Ovi Maps now has a simpler and quicker search function.
- It also includes public transport routes.
- And you can check in to social networks, send emails and SMS messages sharing your location.
- Email improvements include full meeting request support.
- Hardware-accelerated encryption of your phone’s data for true business-grade security.
- Secure intranet access for business users who need IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers.
- Symbian Anna also activates the NFC hardware in the Nokia C7, for easy sharing, games, use with NFC-enabled accessories and reading NFC tags on other items.
- Flashlite 4, Java Runtime 2.2, Qt Mobility 1.1 and Qt 4.7 bring things up-to-date for developers.
Overview of New Features
Currently this updates available in this countries – Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kuwait, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Thailand, UAE, the UK, and more. Other countries are mostly confirmed for the next three weeks.
Source: Nokia Conversations
Nokia recently released a new firmware update for its 5 megapixel camera phone, the Nokia X2-00. The new version is numbered 04.90 and it can be easily downloaded from Nokia Software Update (NSU) or via. Over-The-Air. This software release comes with a number of performance and usability improvements. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Enhanced camera
- Improved Messaging application
- Better audio quality for the handsfree speaker
To get this software through your device, type in *#0000# on the home screen or go to Device Manager. Select Options > Check for updates and follow the on-screen prompts.
Even though Nokia X2-00 has support for User Data Preservation (UDP), you should backup all your data before updating this device.
This firmware is created by Gautam Behal’s with the help from LogonAniket bringing the Symbian^3 visuals to the 5800 in all possible ways, like the N8 Homeceen Widget support, Icons, Fonts and much more. Check it out!
Custom Firmware Changelog:
KEY MODIFICATIONS :
- Includes all Modifications Of Basic
- CPU has been extremely Optimized
- FPS is also increased
- Kinetic Scrolling Modded by Me
- All lags removed from the CFW
- 5800 Default Audio Codec added
- CPU will always be clocked for MAX performance
- Battery backup has also been taken into consideration
APPLICATIONS ADDED to Z :
- Share Online
- Auto Installer 1.0.2
- Message Reader
APPLICATIONS ADDED to AI :
- Ramblow 1.30
- Xplore 1.51 Icons Modded by PaxITIS
- Timer Touch Lite 1.1
- SmartPhoneWare Best ScreenSnap 3.0
- Nokia Custom Dictionary
- Opera mini 5.1 Beta symbian native ( sis file )
- Font Router 1.06
- Bright Light
- Kill Me 1.36
- Maze Clock 1.0 Beta
- Nokia Maps 3.06 Beta
- Network Switcher
- My Keylock 1.19
- Nimbuzz 3.0
- BT SWitch
- Accel Switch
- Rompatcher 2.3
WIDGETS ADDED to AI :
- Facebook 1.00(8318)
- Nokia Notifications 1.05
- Nokia Battery Monitor Widget 1.0
- IMDB 1.0
- Accu Weather
THEMES ADDED :
- Nokia Theme Orange v4 by LA
- Nokia Theme Black by LA
- Nokia Theme White by LA
- Nokia Theme Dark (T) ( Updated version 4 ) by LA
PERSONALISATION MODS :
- Vivid Green by Larsson Theme is removed
- Discord 2 Theme Effects by KCube
- Transformed^1 Ultimate Splashscreen and Shutdown Screen by LA
- Menu Layout arrangement by Me
- N8 fonts
- N8 Icons added
- Lock screen and keyboard replaced by Restart Phone by CODeRUS
- Camera sound is removed
LIGHT MODS :
- Automatic Keyguard Time set to 30 seconds
- In 10 seconds, light will dim
- In 20 seconds, light will switch off
- In 30 seconds, phone will get locked
- Delete one of the Keylock apps from thinkchange before running Auto Installer
- Delete the unwanted app from thinkchange folder before running Auto Installer
[Via- LoveMyNokia, SymbianTweet; Source - GBFirmwares ]
The Nokia X6 got a new firmware version. The new firmware v30.0.3 can be downloaded via NSU (included with PC Suite). Note that it may take some time before the v30.0.3 firmware is available in your country. Changelog after the break.
Nokia X6 Official Chnagelog:
Here and Now
New version of Ovi Maps and Ovi Store
Improved chat in Ovi Contacts
The X6 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), so while its always a good idea to backup all your data before the firmware update, none of your programs or data should be affected with the update.
Nokia C6-00 gets a firmware update – C6 RM-624 updated to version 20.2.041 and RM-612 updated to version 20.0.041.
You can update your Nokia C6 firmware over OTA (Over-The-Air) or via Nokia’s Software Updater application, Ovi Suite on Windows PC . The Nokia C6 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), but its always a good idea to backup all your personal data before updating the firmware.
Note: It may take some time before the new firmware is available for your region.
Changelog for Nokia C6:00.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fix implemented to keyboard freeze problem
- Performance enhancements done
- Email application stability has been improved
- Memory related issues have been improved
- Changes to memory card/mass memory content
- Memory card – Maps data version 24
- Here and now application
- Changes to vanilla SW UDA content
NEW FEATURES AND APPLICATIONS / UPDATES TO EXISTING APPLICATIONS / NEW FEATURES
- Ovi contact 1.5.x
- Ovi store update 1.6
- MAPs 3.0 SR4
- Easy dialing from touch dialer
- Here & Now 2.0
- Nokia In-device tips
- Twitter Link
- New Themes, Pink and Blue
Nokia 5800 gets a Firmware Update and updated to V52.0.007. Its previous software version was V51.0.006.
The 5800 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), so while its always a good idea to backup all your data before the firmware update, none of your programs or data should be affected with the update.
The update has only come to certain Asian Product codes at the time of posting, but no doubt it will be available across all regions and product codes soon.
Remember you can update using the 5800’s OTA (Over-The-Air) feature, or if you prefer you can download Nokia’s Software Updater application to update your 5800 on your windows PC.
There’s no official changelog yet, but we’ll post one if we do come across one. No doubt there’s the usual bug fixes.
via : ZOMGitsCj
DailyMobile is reporting the following changes:
- Upgrade CPU performance
- Enhanced touch screen
- Improve wifi, connection error Ovi Store
- Rotate Enhanced
- Software Map added
- V52 pictures and movies better!
- No Nokia Email
- Interface does not change!
Of note are the updates to the Web Browser (to v126.96.36.199) and Ovi Maps (to v3.04 10wk32)
There are the usual software updates around the main applications as well, including an update to both the Web browser and Ovi Maps. While a minor update on the surface, the continued support for the 5800, one of Nokia’s most successful phones, should be taken in a very positive light.